Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

You don't have to take it.

Pin It
I have lost more hope for humanity that is for sure. My husband and I where running errands we had to get a shirt made for our 10 year old for "take your daughter to work day" And I had to drop off some signs I made for his work. We where going to go to his work first then swing back to get the shirt and I happened to look to my left and seen a horrific sight. I told him "PULL OVER NOW"
We had seen a guy on top of a girl beating on her on the steps of a funeral home on MAIN STREET no less. We pretty much left the car in the middle of the road. He saw us coming and ran inside. Leaving this poor girl balling on the steps. Now if I seen my husband coming I would of ran too, he is a big guy and he just looks mean lol and I'm sure wearing a Sons of Anarchy hoody just adds enough extra fear. Another motorist stopped and the funeral director came out. The girl didn't want us to call police and I didn't have my phone. I really really wanted to call but I feared it would make things worse for this poor girl. The funeral was for her Uncle who committed suicide and Her attacker was her own brother :( I stayed with her a good 45 mins while she calmed down and I was really shocked she was just 15 years old. He was 25. I know funerals can be highly emotionally and stressful but none of that excuses his behavior and this was not the first time he has hurt her physically. I was really just about sick to my stomach. I did give her my name and phone number and told her to call me anytime if she needed to talk. It was just an awful feeling leaving her their. She is a baby, just two years older than my oldest baby. I know many people face abuse and I just want to say you don't have to take it. Its not OK for a family member, husband, boyfriend etc. to beat you. Help is available... call 911! next time I will force this issue if I ever see it again. Or you can call the National Domestic Abuse hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE or visit their site http://www.thehotline.org/ they even have a special feature button called "quick escape" which will redirect your browser to another site should your abuser be close by.


I want to ask to for prayers for this family. In my talk with the young girl she has been through a lot. More than any 15 year old ever should :(


3 comments:

  1. OMW. That is horrible! Maybe someone at the funeral home called the police later or something. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha I deleted my own comment by mistake lol. I wanted to say I wish I didn't have to drive past the place almost daily. It really gave me the chills today when I had the kids in the car.

    ReplyDelete


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com